Sunday 18 December 2011

December Favourites!




It almost the end of December now & I DO realize it's not january, yet, but I wanted to share with you guys the products I've been reaching for the most throughout the month of December. Some are old, some are new, you'll see.

I've divided this article in 3 parts: Skin care & Make-up, Hair care, Miscellaneous.

1. Skin Care & Make-up:
- As the weather is getting colder, the wind & humidity levels have their impact on the skin. This is the reason why I switched from my Garnier Mattifying Moisturizer, to my Skincode Essentials Daily Defense & Recovery cream, SPF30. It does not leave a white cast in photographs, sinks in within 1-2min and doesn't feel oily on the skin.
- Due to changes in the weather, my skin has started to dry out at certain places. My cheeks, chin & around my lips are starting to get flaky, so I need a moisturizing substance that I can apply throughout the day, over my make-up. I use the Simle Moisture Boost Hydro Mist. It does have a particular smell to it, but it's definitely a smell of cleanliness & purity.
- As Autumn is slowly moving towards Winter, I need a foundation that offers full coverage and zero transfer. The only foundation that does all this and competes with YSL Teint Resist, is Revlon ColorStay for Combination/Oily skin (I wear the shade 150 Buff).
- I don't have particularly oily eyelids, but if I wear eyeshadow for more than 16 hours, it tends to smudge and crease. I find that ELF's Eyelid Primer prolongs that wear of my eye make-up, and also, makes the colours more vibrant.
- I was wuite suprised to find out that ELF's Matte Eyeshadows in jars are actually ones of superb quality. They are not messy, blend perfectly, stay matte and have moderate pigmentation. I have ELF Studio Matte Eyeshadows in Nude & Chestnut. Lovely for the lid & the crease.
- You already know about this product, but honestly, it has been my Holy Grail touch-up throughout the day product ALL December. It is the ELF Tone Correcting Concealer. I love creamy texture, the medium coverage & the orange/tangerine fragrance.
- Naturally, I can't go anywhere without my setting powder, which is none other than Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I LOVE this powder, as it keeps me matte for 10-12 hours. I tend to wear my make-up on a daily basis for 12-16 hours and I need to touch up around my T-zone after about 10-12 hours.

2. Hair Care:
My hair started suffering severe breaking and split ends at the end ond of November, so I knew I had to do something. I went out and bouth 2 products by Lee Stafford, thw Arganoil series and OMG, they are sublime!
-Deep Nourishing Treatment: I apply this in the shower, after Shampoo & Conditioner, let it sink in for about 5-7minutes and then I wash it off. Amazing results, just after the first wash. It was kind of pricy, though. I believe I paid about 14 pounds for it.
- Nourishing Miracle Oil: This truly is miraculous! The tips of my hairs have never felt to stirdy (in a good way!) and so beautifully shiny, without looking oily. I love this product. I apply it after I have finished heat-styling my hair (blow drier/flat iron).

3. Miscellaneous:
- Breath Spray in peppermint coolness. Sometimes the situation does not allow for gum chewing (manners, please!), so this comes in handy.
- Lynx mini spray deodorant, perfect size for your make-up bag!

A~

No comments:

Post a Comment