Tuesday 10 May 2011

Products I Regret Buying (vol. 1)


Bourjois' BIO detox organic powder
I have to admit, the first time reading about this powder in a magazine I was completely enthralled by the packaging. It was like nothing I had ever seen up to that moment. Indeed my expectations were quite high, regarding this product, so I guess the disappointment (partially!) came from my expectations colliding with reality (and my relfection in the mirror, d'uh).

The creators claim that: This is a perfecting powder, which keeps the face matte for 8 hours; gives a flawless finish; aids in the battle against impurities, imperfections, blemishes.
In reality: GOD, was I disappointed with this product... Allow me to enumerate the reasons why:

Drawbacks:
1. The colour range is icredibly limited (there are 4 shades only). Having in mind that this is a finishing powder (it gives tint/colour), the colour range should have been broader. Not to mention the fact that all of the shades were yellow-based, so those of you with pink undertones... well, you are simply out of luck. Naturally, having the skintone of a long-dead Chinese man, I went for the lightest shade (52 - Vanilla) and it turned out to be too dark for me.
P.S. I'm NC20 (Winter) & NC25 (Summer)

2. I'm perfectly fine with dewy finishes (even though, I am such a big fan of the matte finish, but whatever!), but it was clearly stated that this powder gives a matte finish (for 8 hrs). Not only did it not keep my skin matte for more than 1-1.30hrs (my skin type is combitnation-to-oily), but it also made me sparkle int he Sun. There is NO glitter whatsoever, it is summer matte hen you look at it in the pan, but it gives a slight shimmer to the face.

3. This product actually accentuated my alrge pores on both sides of my nose bridge. I do not have particularly large pores, but after applying this powder, the Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombing started resembling a Sunday afternoon tea party, in comparison with my pores.

4. I apply my make-up in the morning and mid-way through the day I usually have to blot & repowder (basically, touch up here & there). Well, there is no touching up with this powder. It literally CAKES onto your face.

Benefits:
1. Nice packaging (rather extravagant if you ask me).

2. Enormous mirror, which rotates at 360 degress. (to stare at your enormous pores, undoubtedly!)

3. Hardly any smell to it.

A~

No comments:

Post a Comment