Saturday 14 May 2011

Products I Regret Buying (vol. 2)


Yes, indeed another post, describing a product I could have skipped buying. Alas, that never seems to be the case when it comes to me. Hi, I am Insidious & I'm a Cosmetics Whore...

Anyhow, this time the limelight falls on Garnier's PureActive ExfoBrusher.
I'd like to begin by saying that my skin is acne-prone, scarring-prone etc. In other words, I have a lot of blemishes & imperfections. Regardless of how much make-up I wear throughout the day, the second I set foot home, I immediately take my make-up off. I'm not planning on elaborating on how great the sensation of a clean face feels, I believe we all know.
The moment I saw the ExfoBrusher, all I wanted to do was to touch the bristles. To my surprise, they were rubbery, but extremely soft & it seemed to me that this product would be super gentle, but also, super effective when cleansing my face.
What I mainly hate about this product is that it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. It is said that it removes blackheads (I knew it wouldn't do that, I am not that naive), cleanses the skin, helps fight sebum, eliminates redness.

A bunch of crap!

The very substance that you actually squeeze out of the container is a gel-to-foamy liquid that turns to 100% foam and cleanses the skin in moderation. It absolutely does not cleanse thoroughly, does not remove traces of make-up (not waterproof) even when rubbing like crazy with the brush. After molesting my face with this, I was left with a semi-cleansed face (I could still see traces of eyebrow pencil & foundation) and redness from overrubbing.
Definitely a product I will NOT be buying again.

Hope you found this article useful!
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment