Sunday 14 November 2010

Review: Drugstore Moisturizers


Hello everybody! As you can see, I've pretty much become a fan of doing reviews of products for you and this article will make no exception. This time, however, I would like to direct your attention to a bit cheaper products; products that you may find at any local drugstore for reasonable prices.
As you know, moisturizing your skin is essential for keeping it healthy and also prevent it from becoming saggy and wrinkly. Dehydration of the skin may also result in premature aging, dark spots ruining your complexion, dryness, peeling off and flaky epidermis. There is one simple solution to all of the aforementioned 'skin afflictions': Moisturizer.
Moisturizers come in different containers and consistencies, but what you want to look for in a good moisturizer is glycerine, as it is the number one substance, when it comes to keeping liquids within the skin's texture.
As I already said, in this article I will be talking about drugstore moisturizers and mainly about the Avon Clearskin Mattifying Moisturizer and the Garnier Pure Active Moisturizer.

1. Avon Clearskin Mattifying Moisturizer: This product is excellent for using it as your base when applying make-up, as it will not come off and it is oil-free (non-comedonic). It gives your face a nice & subtle matte look, thus it is an ideal product if you have oily/acne prone skin and you wish to avoid greasy looks. The container comes with a pump, so you can control the amount of product that comes out. It is not a tinted moisturizer, so it will not cover up slight blemishes or redness. Overall, having in mind my reluctance towards using Avon facial products, I feel obliged to say that it was a pleasant surprise to find out that this product, in fact, turned out to be pretty good. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.

2. Garnier Pure Skin Active Moisturizer: The first thing that struck me when I bought this product was the smell. It has a really pleasant smell. It reminds me of freshly washed cucumbers and aloe vera. Generally it is a good product, as it really moisturizes your skin in depth. The thing you need to keep in consideration is that it does tend to give this initial burning feeling to your skin, so do not worry if you start feeling uncomfortable, it will pass within a minute or so. I did some research and apparently, this moisturizer also helps you get rid of blemishes and acne scarrings, as it contains 3 different kinds of acids, aiming at restoring your skin's ideal look. I enjoy using this product, as it really moisturizes my skin, but the thing I dislike about it is that it can not be used as a primer/base for your make-up, as it does not sink in your skin's texture quickly and tends to remain on its surface for quite some time (which is perfect, if you are not planning on going out). Overall, I'd give it a 6/10

I hope you found this article useful.
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment