Thursday 26 August 2010

Stay cool even at 40°C!


With all this blistering heat that has come upon us the past couple of years, I felt obliged to let you in on something rather novel. When I first read about it in a magazine, I got this obnoxious image of me vomiting by the mere sight of it, but to be honest, it is really delicious. I won't keep you in suspense any longer, so let me introduce you to the summer (although, personally, I believe it could be consumed all year) drink of 2010: The Beer Cream! Icy and sweet, with good chances of giving you that tipsy mood.

How to prepare?
It is truly easy to prepare this summer delight. Just grab a mug, place a scoop or two of Vanilla ice-cream and pour down Ale (Dark Beer). Be careful, though, it does have a tendency to effervesce. Enjoy!

And for those of you who would like to cut back on the calories, there's a more appropriate way of preparation:
Pair 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream with 0,350 litres of tasty diet root beer soda. BONUS: Root beer can hydrate you. Just be sure to choose a diet version, because regular root beer adds a whopping 160 extra calories to this low-cal summery delight.
Per serving (one float): 100 calories, 3.5 g fat (2 g saturated), 15 g carbs, 14 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 3 g protein, 145 mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol.

A~

No comments:

Post a Comment