Wednesday 31 August 2011

DIY: Grunge/Distressed Denim Shorts




I was going through my closet the other day and discovered this hideous pair of jeans. They were electric-blue, zebra pattern around the pocket area, straight-fit. Absolutely horrid. I really didn't feel like throwing them away, so I decided to get creative with Lil Porcelain Doll and together we pulled off some neat pieces! In fact, it was the very result of this collaboration that inspired me to get creative on my own and make these denim shorts.
Allow me to explain the various procedures they went through, in order to resemble the specimen you see above.
1. Cutting the Jeans into Short. I decided not to fold them, nor to stitch them, as I wanted them to fray loosely at the rim.
2. Bleaching the electric-blue Jeans into Acid-wash-like pattern shorts. I left the bleach for about 30 minutes before throwing them in the washing machine.
3. Fraying the rim even more (they had already frayed a bit in the washing machine). I did so with a kitchen knife.
4. Pulling threads using cosmetic tweezers and cutting some of the longer pieces.
5. Attaching studs (generously given to me by Lil Porcelain Doll).

I hope you like the final product, as I find them really trashy and just about awesome! Certainly didn't expect such outcome, but I am very pleased with the result!
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment