Tuesday 12 July 2011

Review: Vichy Aera Teint Pure Foundation


I am sorry for the delay, but as I already mentioned in a previous post of mine, I need some time to make up my mind about this foundation. So, without further ado...

Brief Commenting:
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the very colour itself. I rarely manage to find liquid foundation with decent (medium-to-full) coverage that matches my skin ton perfectly (for the record, I am NC15 to NC20). Well, this product does. I got it in 12 Opal, which is the lightest shade there is. Having said that, I would like to talk about the very texture of the product. I was taken aback by how liquidy the very formula is. It is quite runny, but thanks to the incredibly balanced pump, squeezing out the precise amount is hardly an issue. Goes really smoothly onto the skin and has a satin finish to it. I would have to say it is in the category of medium coverage.

Claims of the Product:
12h Naturally looking, non-comedogenic

My personal Experience:
12h Naturally looking - absolutely not. It does look really nice and natural, but 12h is a joke. It's been quite humid and hot lately and my face has been acting like a sweat factory, so I guess that definitely impacts the durability of the product, as it is not sweatproof, nor is it waterproof for that matter. Perhaps it would be most suitable for Fall/Winter.

non-comedogenic - my skin is super sensitive and acne-prone and tends to break out from just about anything. However, this foundation, being more of a high-end foundation, does NOT break me out at all! I was so impressed with this, that I could hardly give up on using it (still haven't!)

Overall Pros & Cons:
Pros: good colour matching (for me, personally, as I am rather pale); smooth application; natural appearance; SPF20; does NOT break me out; decent doverage

Cons: wears out easily, especially in humid environment (high humidity levels and/or presence of sweat); despite its satin finish, it tends to dry out at places where the skin is dry, hence patchy appearance is possible

I hope you found this review helpful!
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment